- My computer wouldn’t start up for the first half of today and caused me a mild panic attack. It’s working now for some reason, but I have no idea what changed!
- I feel like I’m stuck in a mental hamster wheel, where I go from anxiety and negative self-talk into depression and flatness. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Before I was seriously ill, I was mentally unhealthy in my perfectionism and fear. Being bedridden didn’t quite beat it out of me, but it led to a completely opposite way of life, where everything was based on just meeting survival needs. Now that I’m somewhere in the middle, I’m having a difficult time trying to find some balance. Toni Bernhard’s book, How To Wake Up, describes my hamster wheel cycle perfectly, but it is hard to unlearn so many years of behavior. Toni really manages to help me see my mental state better than I ever have before – so that’s a semi-positive rant at least!
- It would be nice not to be Sleeping Beauty for once in my life. I will never stop complaining about fatigue for as long as it haunts my life…….
- I wish I had enough money to go visit each and every one of my twitter friends. I feel the need for some company.
- I’m sad that Kerry Washington didn’t win the Emmy last night for Scandal. Her dress was insanely beautiful though! [I easily switch from serious to frivolous complaints...]
SUPER IMPORTANT MESSAGE!!
In general though, things are okay. They could most definitely be worse. I’m just trying to take life an hour at a time. If you’re struggling, I recommend you do the same, even if it’s only a minute at a time. Is there anything you feel the need to get off your chest today?