- My doggie of 14 years had to be put down this weekend. The house seems completely off balance without the pitter patter of her little paws. I have a broken heart, and my cat seems to be perplexed wondering where his buddy went. R.I.P. little Zoe – you were a real member of this family and we’re all missing you greatly.
- I wasn’t terribly impressed with a few members of my family this weekend (although most of them were wonderful!). The day my dog was put down, some of them decided to tell all of their stories of having animals killed (either pets or barn animals or animals for food…), all in rather graphic ways. I felt like I was going to cry and throw up, but according to them I just need thicker skin. I highly doubt that is ever going to happen.
- A family member was making fun of me a lot in regards to any mention of any of my illnesses or the amount of effort it takes to participate in family events. I felt like I was being mocked as a hypochondriac. I can’t say I liked it much.
- I pushed myself past my limit by going out to dinner and ended up spending a good part of the evening laying down in my parents vehicle, while they were all dining away. My noise sensitivity was acting up and I thought I was going to lose my mind. Of course I had forgotten my earplugs and medicine at home.
- My mental state is a little unbalanced right now, and I think I need a fair amount of alone time to try and regulate myself again.
On the plus side, I met my uncle’s partner – and he was absolutely delightful! He exudes empathy, understands the changes of life due to pain, views the world in much of the same way as myself, and is a florist/artist! Such a great individual – I hope their relationship lasts and lasts so that we can keep him in the family!
Now I’m going to return to hiding in bed. Talk to me my lovely followers!