I always liked the story of Noah’s Ark and the idea of starting anew by rescuing the things you like and leaving the rest behind.
The way I write is that I’ll actually have a conversation out loud with myself. In a weird way, I just kind of get schizophrenic and play two characters.
I’m bed-bound today due to extreme pain, so feel free to leave me a cheer me up message! Hope everyone is having a healthy and fun weekend!
- Roasted vegetable chicken burgers
- My Tumblr for always being a source of happiness
- Pretty notebooks
- Cleaning (when medicated enough…)
- Being Erica
- Being able to accomplish some laundry…
- My twitter friends and real life friends
- InStyle’s Look of the Day – the pretty pictures make me wish I could revamp my wardrobe
- Salt Water Taffy, although I desperately need to cut sugar from my diet again!
(I don’t have a sense of smell, but I still wear this perfume in the Fall/Winter!)
(Images from WeHeartIt)
What are the little delights that you have experienced this week? It will make you feel better to write them down!
To get a cat, or not to get a cat…that is the question.
As I spend so much time alone, I think a furry friend could bring a great amount of joy to my life. I typically prefer dogs, but as the man won’t let me have one of those, I’m going for the cat idea. Maybe I will even emphasize it some more: *JON GET ME AN ANIMAL FRIEND!!*
I just wonder how much work it will be… how often do cats puke on things? Is it likely to push its way through the door crack and crush my little heart somehow?
We’re definitely not getting a kitten, as we tried that and it was far too much work. We are thinking about getting a grown cat at the shelter. What problems come as a result of this? Are grown cats more chill?
I’m sure some of my readers have a furry cat at home to keep them company. Details details details! I need details.
(Images from WeHeartIt)
Who has some furry friend information for me? Or some testimonials on how much you love your pets when they are sick…
These are a few of the things that I’ve found over the past few weeks! Killing time with pop culture = my life.
I have mixed feelings on this HBO production. On the plus side, Evan Rachel Wood plays the ultimate spoiled bad girl. She can manage to be so beautiful and yet so cold, and it will probably end up being her ultimate claim to fame. Kate Winslet did an excellent job, but no better than Joan Crawford in the original. I honestly think that I enjoyed the original movie better, purely because I didn’t feel the subject matter had to be stretched over five hours.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1:
I finally got around to seeing this film! It was even better than I thought it was going to be. The Harry Potter movies have just grown in greatness over the years. I thought this film had some of the best cinematography that I’ve seen in anything recently. I can only imagine how great the finale is going to be. The children are growing into some lovely actors.
Y Tu Mama Tambien?:
This is one of the sexiest films I have ever watched. Two young male best friends decide to go on a road trip, and allow a sexy older woman to join them. It’s a coming-of-age story, and a story about understanding sexuality and chasing your dreams. Plus, Gael Garcia Bernal and Diego Luna are very easy on the eyes!
I just started this show not too long ago, and I have fallen completely in love. I rarely find Canadian shows that I adore but this is an exception to the rule. All of the characters are adorable, and the fact that time travel is used as a method of therapy is just the best idea ever. I wish I would’ve thought up the show myself. In fact I might go watch another episode right now on Netflix! *ADDICTED*
What have you seen recently and loved?
- Magazine editorials
- Art (and art journals)
- Self-help advice
- Clothes that make me feel decadent (and therefore slightly less sick…)
- Nature themed jewelry
- My poetry
- David’s Tea http://www.davidstea.com/
- The comfiest bed materials known to man (as I spend so much time in bed!)
- And to keep up on the latest news on the Internet for my illnesses…
Any more than that and I think I may end up in hoarder territory!
The best place to view what I want to collect would be my Tumblr – fragileannie.tumblr.com
What do you all collect? I would love to know what makes the world special to my readers!!!!
- Hormonal migraines
- That time of the month
- My endless need to shove chocolate in my mouth
- Dry mouth
- Snow and hail at this time of year!
- My friend having a stomach virus
- Chapped lips and nosebleeds! I need a humidifier!!
- The fact that some people STILL can’t see my blog in their Google reader. This is starting to super upset me. I must be able to find some way around this.
- That I hadn’t been getting the BYDLS emails, but that has been corrected
(Images from WeHeartIt)
What is getting under your skin this Monday? Let it out here and we can all take a deep breath and let it go in favor of a better week.
Love you all,
Life excites me-just little, normal, everyday things. Getting out of bed. Getting dressed. Making food. I find it all exciting.
Solitude has its own very strange beauty to it.
There is no definition of beauty, but when you can see someone’s spirit coming through, something unexplainable, that’s beautiful to me.
Hope you are all having a weekend filled with health and good times!
- My bed and comfy pillows for bad days
- Dragon dictation software
- Netflix (and Being Erica!)
- My art journal
- Anthony Bourdain and No Reservations
- Tea!!!!!!! I’ve become an addict.
- The fact that my blog now looks sort of like I want it to look!
- Comforting twitter friends
- That my mom gets to go to Italy and my sister gets to go to the Dominican Republic! I hope they have fun!
- This week’s Community picked me up during a tough evening <3
What are the little things making your life shine this week???
I just had the briefest glimpse of heaven only to have it come crashing down around me again.
I started some new pills, and for the first three days I felt normal. Like a reasonably healthy person might feel. I managed to get cleaning done, I ran errands, I did some writing and art, and constantly had a smile on my face.
On the fourth day, the pills started to no longer cut it. I had brutal insomnia and have been trapped in bed due to tremors, pain, weakness, and nausea. My rapid metabolism and that beast known as Fibromyalgia have won again.
Those few days did bring me hope though. Hope is probably the best thing you can have with this illness. But I also know reality and I knew this crash was coming. I knew it was too good to be true. I just let myself put too much emotional stock into it!
Let’s just all keep dreaming that better days lie ahead!
(A beautiful image drawn by my beloved Kim!)
Does anyone else have such a rapid metabolism for medication? Has anyone had any success in working around this issue?? This issue is one of the toughest I face, so I would love to have any suggestions!!!